Sunday, August 1, 2010

Preparations and Election Boredem.

All year I have been stressing, I'm going over seas but I also knew that this year would be an election year. I was worried that the election would be called after I had left and I would have to figure out postal voting or miss out on voting all together. I haven't been this interested in the date of an election since the year I turned 18.

So you can imagine my relief when I our new FEMALE Prime Minister announced that the election would take place the week before I am due to depart, I wouldn't miss out on anything. But since then I have been nothing but disappointed. I mean this has to be one or the most boring election campaigns ever, not that I have experienced them.

This one is all the more disappointing because it should have been great. I mean let's face it, Julia and Tony have about ten times as much personality then John Howard and Kevin Rudd, but at least I didn't want to shoot myself with boredom last time. There seems to be an opposite effect. Whereas Kevin and John needed a whole team of people to give them a personality, Julia and Tony are trying their darnedest to have none at all.

Take the debate for instance, it should have been great, it should have been entertaining as hell. Instead it turned out to be a glorified press conference. I wanted to see some teeth people, show me some balls. It was not cool, and it is a representation of what's happening throughout the entire election.

Every one is just trying super hard not say anything... or do anything. God damn it (yes I will take the lords name in vain) I won't be voting for either of them.

Although as far as the other parties are concerned... I couldn't believe it but The Sunday Morning Herald accused the Green's of being watermelons - Green on the outside red in the middle. Yes that is right they called them communists. I mean come on what is the 1953? It just makes me so mad.

The good thing is that communist or no communist the Greens should win the balance of power.

More soon.

No comments: