Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Heroes and other niceties...

Yesterday I went to see the new movie IRONMAN, its one of the many blockbusters that are opening this year, but more on that later because first I want to talk about the best part of going to the movies, which is of course the trailers.

We walked into to see the trailers already started but we did get to see the bulk of this one.




I am almost ashamed to admit that I really want to see this movie. I loved the cartoon Speed Racer, which may be surprising seeing as I am not much one for car guys. But there was something about speed racer that was always just so sexy, even as a cartoon character. This movie just look fantasticly corny, and I always love Christina Ricci, I think she will be so cute in this film. If you have never head of Speed Racer then I urge you to look it up and then maybe I will find someone who is willing to see this movie with me.


Speed Racer is one sexy man, too bad he is already taken.

So thats my embarrassingly nerdy moment for the day down on to the next and possible the biggest movie of the year.



That's right ladies he's back and I cannot wait to see what kid of adventures are coming his way this time. Even though, lets face it Harrison ford is not as sexy as he was when he first introduced us to the charismatic Indie I am sure he will be his usual witty self.



Anyway now we have Shia LaBeouf as eye candy and I am really excited that the have brought back Marion Ravenwood for Raiders of the Lost Arch as Indie's love interest. I am sure that I will have no trouble finding someone to come and see this movie with me... Now I feel bad for Speed Racer.


Anyway back to the point - IRONMAN. I have to admit that even though I love Superhero movies I was mostly drawn to this by Robert Downey Jr.



I mean he does have to be a very sexy man (drug addictions aside). But in the end I was pleasantly surprised by this film. Once you get past the whole America good everyone else bad thing there is actually a good message to this film - the only way to stop people using weapons is to build a better weapon and blow them up.



Ok so maybe it's not the best message but still Robert Downey Jr has a very nice body in the film and that is pretty hard to go past. Even Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't ruin it with her less then warm exterior because it actually works for the oh so familiar character of the assistant who loves her playboy boss. This movie is cool, it shows that you can become a superhero even without any special powers while you are being held captive by terrorists. Well you do have to be a genius though.

I defiantly have to get me one of those suits I mean they are uber cool. IRONMAN can come save me any day. All in all I say that this film is well worth a look.



Now we come to the other important thing I need to discus.

Robin Hood Season 2.

I don't know if anybody else watches this but if you do and you haven't seen what happens in the end of the season then please stop reading now.

I hate whoever wrote this series, who ever decided that what happened at the end was going to happen is mean and I do not like them at all. I am a hopeless romantic and I like a happy ending. I think that two people who love each other should be together. One of them is not supposed to die! I won't tell you which one but can tell you that I cried and I cried and I cried.

To think that I actually liked Sir Guy of Gisborne, and yes he is still extremely sexy, but you just don't kill someone. I am sorry I thought that he might turn out to be good because every time he does something really bad he never looked like he meant it and he seemed to love Marian so.
Richard Armitage is bloody sexy but it is just not right that he should play the bad guy.


But god damn you look good in leather... am I right Ladies.

Poor Robin, poor poor, Robin. As much as I love this show I was not very happy with this ending. I suppose it had to happen for the show to keep going, I just wish that they had ended it there because I think that if they have another Season they will just be jumping the shark.

Oh well I guess it was never going to end happily for these two outlaws.

Thats all for now.





P.S

I just want to think my wonderful boyfriend for buying me The Wedding Singer. I love this movie and I can't wait to make you watch it over and over and over again. You spin me right round baby!

No comments: